11.17.2006

Loyal followers,

Paula, Charlie, Ouga and I have been in the boat now for some time. We continue to float aimlessly on the ocean. It was a miracle that we all survived the tropical cyclone. In the chaos, the false floor of the outrigger canoe gave way and revealed Ouga. This angered Paula, who is no longer talking to me.

In fact, nobody is talking to anybody. Paula isn't talking to me because I hid Ouga; Neither of us is talking to Charlie because she won't stop talking about some pomegranate she left with her neighbour. Ouga can't talk.

There is a strange beast in the sky who has been circling the canoe for a few hours. I can't identify it for now because the sun is too bright, but it looks like a huge bird.

There is a blur on the horizon that could be land, or another storm. I hope it isn't the latter.

With boredom/loneliness,
G. Caprice

No comments: